TechYukon will be hosting a weekend-long event on February 11-12, giving local entrepreneurs a chance to validate their ideas for new technology products. If those ideas pass muster, they may be given further business and mentoring assistance to help them turn their ideas into realities.
To do this, TechYukon has contracted the services of Bernd Petak, an expert in the “lean start up” process, with more than thirty years of business experience. He will provide you with tools to arrive at a realistic understanding of the market you are entering, the kind of time, money and human resources you are going to need, and possible payback you can expect.
The event consists of three phases:
- You get advice and assistance to help you validate your product idea.
- You get guidance and help developing the “pitch” for your idea.
- You get to deliver your pitch to a panel of local business people with expertise in marketing and product development.
That panel will settle on up to four participants, who will be provided with mentoring and other assistance to get their ideas up and flying over the next year or so.
- Pre-event Social Gathering: Friday, February 10 at 5:00 pm at the Westmark Hotel.
- Work Shop Sessions: Saturday and Sunday, February 11 and 12, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at (Co)space, 2nd floor, 202C Strickland Street.
- Concluding Dinner and Awards: 6:00-8:00 pm at Westmark Hotel.
- Cost: Selected applicants will be charged a $100 entry fee. This will help defray the costs of the complimentary snacks and drinks on Friday, the breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and the Sunday concluding dinner.
How to Apply:
Contact Rick Steele, the Executive Director of TechYukon at [email protected]. You can also call him toll free at 888-661-5925.